If your device is locked down with SureLock with capability to receive SMS and has internet connectivity, with the inbuilt SMS Command feature, you can set a new Lock Pin or change an existing one through SMS. This could be done even if you don’t know the old pin of the device.
SureLock’s SMS Command feature allows an authorised user to communicate with the device and perform activities like changing or setting a Lock Pin. The implementation of OTP sent over configured email for authentication of SMS commands makes the whole process safe and secure.
Steps to reset Android Lock Screen PIN using OTP generated using SMS command
1. Go to SureLock Settings (by tapping five times and entering admin password).
2. Tap on Phone Settings and enable Enable SMS Command feature.
3. Export SureLock Settings using Import/Export Settings options.
4. Open SureLock Settings file and add following tags below enablesmscommand tag:
- <smtpemailusername>email@example.com</smtpemailusername> (email account from which the email is sent)
- <smtpemailpassword>password</smtpemailpassword> (the password for the email account)
- <smtpemailhost>smtp.gmail.com</smtpemailhost> (host mail/constant value )
5. Once done save the settings file and import it on the device.
6. Use a phone to create OTP using the following SMS command. This OTP will be sent to the address configured in smsotpemailtoaddresses.
7. Once you receive the email with OTP, use it in the SMS in the below mentioned formatto change device password to 0000.
To know more about SureLock or download a trial, click here