iPadOS and iOS devices are majorly used devices and play crucial roles in offices. This includes iPad tablets running iPadOS, as well as iPhones devices running iOS. To manage these devices SureMDM solution allows administrators to remotely and securely configure these enrolled devices and also apply and monitor organizational policies.
Before enrolling an iOS device it is important to set up an APNS certificate for enabling Apple Device Management before enrolling any iOS or macOS. This enables secure communication and easy management of iOS and/or macOS devices through the SureMDM server. To set up an APNS certificate, click here.
Further, there are two ways to enroll an iOS device to SureMDM.
Below are the steps to enroll the devices Manually
1. Download SureMDM Agent on the device from the AppStore
2. Read and grant the required permissions.
3. Once installed, launch SureMDM Agent on the device.
4. On the SureMDM Agent Welcome screen, tap Enroll Device.
5. On the Enroll Device screen, enter the Customer ID and tap Register.
Note: To change the server path, go to SureMDM Agent Home Screen and tap Settings and replace the desired console URL in the Server Path field.
6. You will be further navigated to browser screen and will be prompted to Download Enrollment Profile. Tap on it and Allow the profile to download.
7. Now launch the device’s Settings application and navigate to General option.
8. On the Install Profile screen, tap Install
9. Once the profile is installed, tap Done.
This will enroll the device to the SureMDM web console..
To enroll a new device to the account using QR code, follow these steps:
1.Login to SureMDM Web Console.
2.Click on Enrollment and click on QR Code Enrollment
3.Further click on the List View and select the Create QR Code option.
4.On the Setup QR Code for Enrollment prompt, enter the below details.
a. Under the Enrollment Type tab,
- Enter the name of the QR code
- Select iOS/iPadOS as platform.
- Select Enrollment type as iOS/iPadOS Device Enrollment.
b. Under Configure Options tab, enter the below details:
- Select the Group to which device has to be enrolled.
c. Under Save QR Code for Enrollment tab, select Download/Print to download or print the generated QR code.
5. Click Save. Newly created QR code will be listed under the QR Code Enrollment section.
6. Now, on the device launch the SureMDM Agent app.
7. Tap the Scan QR option and Allow camera permission for SureMDM Agent to scan the QR code from the device.
8. Scan the QR code created in Step 3 from the device and tap Done . After scanning the QR code, a prompt will appear to enter the password.
Note: If you have enabled any Device Authentication rules from SureMDM web console, you will be prompted to enter password. Enter the password and tap OK.
9. Tap Download Enrollment Profile and Allow the profile to download.
10. Now launch the device’s Settings application and navigate to General option.
11. On the Install Profile screen, tap Install
12. Once the profile is installed, tap Done.
On the SureMDM Agent Home Screen, the device status will change to Online and the device name will start reflecting in the SureMDM web console.
For more details on our products, click here