In an organization, Active Directory (AD) plays a vital role. SureMDM now has an Active Directory (AD) sync tool that allows IT admins to save their time from manually creating groups in the SureMDM console. With the SureMDM AD connect tool admins can now easily create and sync the groups which are created in the AD server to the SureMDM console.
- SureMDM AD Connect is a windows tool developed by 42Gears to enable sync between the AD server and the SureMDM Console
- Please Download and keep the SureMDM AD connect tool handy. The same can be obtained by reaching 42Gears technical support.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to configure sync between SureMDM console and AD connect tool.
SureMDM Console :
- Log in to SureMDM Console and navigate to Settings> Account Settings> Enterprise Integration> AD Integration >Enable AD Integration (Check The box)
- Server Path – This parameter is predefined in the SureMDM console and needs to be used over AD Connector.
- API Key – This parameter is predefined in the SureMDM console and needs to be used over AD Connector
- Save – This button is to save the above defined settings on the SureMDM Console. Refer the image below.
- Sync – This enables SureMDM to sync the group data available in the AD server real time.
SureMDM AD Connect tool :
Post downloading and installing the AD connect tool on the windows machine. Please update the below mentioned fields.
- Server Path – Provide with SureMDM console URL(DNS). The server path will be mentioned in the MDM console. Refer to the first image below.
- Customer ID (Account ID) – Navigate to SureMDM console> Settings > Account ID
- API Key can be found under SureMDM console >Account Settings>Enterprise Integrations>AD Integration. Refer to the first screenshot.
- AD Server address – Active Directory Server IP or DNS
- Username/Password – Username/Password of the AD server
- OU’s – List of OU’s to be synced with SureMDM. Currently the threshold is set to 5K users. It may get removed in our upcoming releases
- The “Test” connection button is available to check the connectivity with the AD Server. Fields used here are AD Server, Username, and Password
- Add and Delete buttons are used to add/remove OU’s. The OUs are validated before adding (Validity and threshold of 5k)
- TCP/IP Port number 389 needs to be allowed in the AD Server in order for the AD connect tool to sync between AD server and SureMDM console.
For more details on our products, click here