SureMDM solution supports remote management of Linux devices. You can remotely install apps, create/delete directories, remotely transfer files and perform various file operations of the device itself.
Steps to setup remote management of Linux devices
To set up SureMDM on your Linux device is very easy. Make sure your Linux device has following configurations and follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open jdk 7 or above
- Oracle jdk 7 or above
- JDK/JRE 9
1. Download SureMDM Agent.
2. Execute following command to extract tar file:
$ tar -xvzf nix.tar.gz
3. Execute following command to go to SureMDM Agent folder and grant execute permissions to the file installnix.sh:
sudo chmod +x nix/installnix.sh
4. Execute following command to install SureMDM Agent.
5. Provide Account ID.
6. SureMDM Agent will be installed on the Linux machine.
7. Once done, login to SureMDM Web Console which will have the Linux machine listed under Device List section and ready to be remotely managed.
- To check SureMDM Agent’s service status, use following command:
sudo service nix status
- To start/stop/restart SureMDM Agent service use the commands:
sudo service nix start
sudo service nix stop
sudo service nix restart
- To view SureMDM Agent logs, use following command:
cat /var/log/syslog | grep nix
Steps to change SureMDM Agent configuration
1. Execute following command:
sudo vim /usr/share/java/nix/nix.conf
2. Edit the configuration.
3. Save and exit from vim editor by pressing Exit and enter :wq
4. Restart SureMDM Agent once changes are made and saved.
Linux based mobile devices can be reliable, secure, dependable yet cost effective platforms for businesses to expand their mobility strategies, if used with comprehensive MDM solution like SureMDM. Give it a try! Register for a free trial here to explore what more you can do with your Linux devices.