When a new Android Enterprise Recommended device (Android 6.0/Marshmallow and above) is unboxed or an old one is factory reset and rebooted, a user can quickly enroll the device into a SureMDM account using a QR code scanner. Depending on administrator preferences, enrolling devices this way can auto-configure several device settings.
Steps to specify enrollment settings and generate a QR code
1. Log in to SureMDM Web Console.
2. Navigate to Enrollment > QR Code Enrollment > Get Started.
3. On the Setup QR Code for Enrollment prompt,
a. Under Enrollment Type option,
1. Give a name for the QR code.
2. Select Android platform.
3. Select enrollment type as Android Enterprise Enrollment.
b. Under Configure Options, enter or select the required details:
1. WiFi Credentials (optional)
2. Group to which device needs to be enrolled
3. Device Naming Parameter (IMEI/MAC Address/Serial Number/PhoneNumber/Device Name)
4. Encryption option
5. Nix Permission checklist
c. Under Save QR code option, click Download to download the QR code.
d. Click Save.
Newly created QR code will be listed under the QR Code Enrollment section.
4. Unbox the new device and switch it on or factory reset and reboot an unboxed/used device.
6. Agree to the terms and conditions.
7. Click on Download to d Once done, the device will install SureMDM Nix Agent with the specified settings and get enrolled as a Dedicated Device in SureMDM Web Console. ownload the QR Code.
Activate the device to be enrolled for the first time (either out-of-the-box, or using an older device immediately after a factory reset).
Android Enterprise also offers BYOD features to improve Android device usability, security, and flexibility in the business environment. You can explore SureMDM offerings for BYOD here.