Many business setups depend on phones to perform their daily official activities. However, it cannot be assured that the phones are being used only for official purposes. Employees can misuse their phones for personal calls and messages, which can hamper the productivity of resources.
SureLock can help you restrict call, SMS, and MMS functionality on Android phones without any special help from a telecom service provider.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to provide a guide on how to block incoming and outgoing calls on an Android device.
- Phone Settings options will be enabled when SureLock is installed on SIM-supported devices.
- SMS and MMS options are supported only on Samsung Knox devices.
- SMS Command Password will be available on devices running Android Nougat and below.
- This feature is not available in the trial version.
1. Access SureLock Admin Settings using your password.
2. Click on Phone Settings.
3. You will see the following settings. Select the ones you wish to apply.
- Call Progress Screen: This feature is used to configure the display of the call progress screen during an ongoing call.
- Block All Incoming Calls: When enabled, SureLock will block all the incoming phone calls.
- Block All Outgoing Calls: When enabled, SureLock will block all the outgoing phone calls.
- Automatically Whitelist New Contact: When enabled, SureLock will automatically whitelist a new phone number added to the contact list.
- Blacklisted Phone Numbers: This option is used to block incoming and outgoing calls from specific phone numbers based on the requirement.
- Whitelisted Phone Numbers: This option is used to allow incoming and outgoing calls from specific phone numbers based on the requirement.
There are additional features that are supported on Samsung devices running Lollipop OS and above.
- Block All Incoming SMS: When enabled, SureLock will block all incoming SMS messages.
- Block All Outgoing SMS: When enabled, SureLock will block all outgoing SMS messages.
- Block All Incoming MMS: When enabled, SureLock will block all incoming MMS messages.
- Block All Outgoing MMS: When enabled, Surelock will block all outgoing MMS messages.
Controlling a phone’s call and messaging capability adds another layer of protection to ensure that your device is only used for its intended purpose.
Need help? CONTACT US