Apart from offering extended mobile device management (MDM) features, SureMDM now offers a secure way to share and distribute enterprise files on Android and iOS devices through File Store option. This new option allows the IT Admins to create a document library and share documents like images, videos and other files across enrolled Android and iOS devices.
To share a file using File Store option in SureMDM following three steps have to be performed:
- Upload the file to File Store
- Create a File Sharing Policy profile
- Apply the created profile on desired devices
Steps to upload the file to File Store
1. Login to SureMDM Web Console.
2. On SureMDM Home, go to Store and click File Store.
3. On the File Store screen, click New Folder to create a new folder.
4. Once the folder is created, click and highlight the folder.
5. Next, click Upload files, browse and upload the desired file(s).
6. On successful upload, you will see the document listed under the folder.
Steps to create a File Sharing Policy profile
1. On SureMDM Home, click Profiles.
2. On the Profiles screen, select the desired platform; Android or iOS and click Add.
3. On the Work Profile screen, click File Sharing Policy tab.
4. Give a name to the profile and click Configure.
5. Next, click Add to launch the File Store.
6. Select the desired files/documents and click Add to list.
7. After adding, click Done to go back to configuration screen.
8. Click Save to complete.
Steps to apply the created profile on desired devices
1. On SureMDM Home, select the device or group.
2. Click Apply from Quick Action Toolbar.
3. On the Apply Job to Device prompt, select the File Sharing Policy job and click Apply.
On successful completion, Android device will have a new app on the device named SureMDM File Store which will list the shared file for the user to download. For iOS devices, on SureMDM Agent will have an extra tab labeled – EFSS which lists the shared file for download.
Apart from offering a secure and an easy way to share enterprise files on BYOD and Dedicated Devices (formerly called COSU or Corporate-Owned Single-Use), SureMDM also allows IT Admins to create their own enterprise app store for easy and streamlined application distribution. Click here read more.