The productivity of a team depends on how quickly team members can find and contact each other. This is becoming an enormous challenge as workforces go mobile. AstroContacts is an enterprise contact management tool that allows seamless contact sharing among mobile team members. A user can quickly look up a contact and then call, email, or text them with just a tap.
AstroContacts is an enterprise contact management tool that allows seamless sharing of contacts among mobile team members. A user can quickly look up a contact and then call, email, or text them with just a tap.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to provide a guide on how to add and configure AstroContacts for iOS using SureMDM.
Step 1: Add AstroContacts to the App Store
- Launch SureMDM and navigate to the App Store.
- Select the iOS or iPadOS platform.
- Click on Add New App and select Search from the App Store.
- Select AstroContacts and click Add.
- AstroContacts will be added to the App Store.
Step 2 : Configure AstroContacts
1. Navigate to the Profiles.
2. Select the iOS or iPadOS platform and click Add profile.
3. Select Application Policy.
4. Navigate to Configure and click on Add.
5. Select AstroContacts from the list and click Add.
- Select the configuration profile option.
- Navigate to the Configure and choose AstroContacts.
- Under App Name, fill in Key, Type, and Value.
- Click on Add and then Save. Refer to the image below.
- Key will be AstroContacts Username, Value will be the email address or password to be used for login, and Type will be String.
- Add Key, Value, and type twice. Once with an email address to be used for login and a second one with the password of the e-mail ID used for login.
- Key, Value, and Type are case-sensitive parameters. Launch the AstroContacts app on the device after applying the profile, and it will automatically login the user using the SureMDM credentials.
10. Save and apply this profile to the device.
11. Launch the AstroContacts app on the device after applying the profile, and it will automatically login the user using the SureMDM credentials.
When the user clicks on the Logout button from the app, at that time the value will not be removed from app-config, and the user will be shown the option “Login with Managed Configuration’ on the login screen.
To remove these app-config values from the device, you have to apply a new profile or edit the existing profile and set the AstroContacts Username and AstroContacts Password keys to null values.
Need more help? Here’s how to get help from our experts.