Datalogic’s OEMConfig app enables IT admins to use the SureMDM web console to remotely specify OEM-specific configurations on enrolled Datalogic devices. These managed configurations contain device settings exposed by OEMConfig which can be customized, pushed, and applied on Datalogic devices through SureMDM.
Steps to configure and install OEMConfig apps on Datalogic devices using SureMDM
1. Log in to the SureMDM Web Console.
2. On the SureMDM Home page, click Profiles.
3. On the Profiles screen, select the Android tab, and click Add.
4. Under the Android Profile tab, select Application Policy, and click Configure.
5. Name the profile and click Add.
6. On the Select Application Source prompt, click Play For Work.
7. On the Android Enterprise Apps prompt, search for the Datalogic OEMConfig app.
8. Click on the Datalogic OEMConfig app and click Select.
9. Under the Managed Configuration option, name the configuration and specify the configurations.
- You can configure the Notification settings under Scanner settings options in Datalogic managed configuration to allow you to set Good read audio volume. The values can be set in the range 1-100.
- You can configure the Date and Time settings under System settings options in Datalogic managed configuration to Enable auto time, Select time zone, or Enable 24-hours format.
10. Click Save to save the configuration.
11. On the Play Store Application Policy prompt, specify other settings (listed below) and click Next.
- Pinning App: Pin the app on the device screen so that the user does not have access to any other device functionalities or features except the app that is pinned.
- Install Silently:Install apps on the device remotely without involving the device user.
- Allow In Kiosk Mode: Run the application in kiosk mode with no access to other functions on the device.
12. Next, grant App Permissions to the app and click Finish. These permissions can also be left at their default options
13. Once back on the Android Profile screen, click Save to finish creating an Application policy with configured OEMConfig.
14. Go back to the SureMDM Home page, select the desired device(s) or group(s), and click Apply to apply this profile.
Once this is done, the pushed changes will reflect on your Datalogic device.
To read more about SureMDM, click here.