Sometimes, when the devices are not under lockdown the users tend to misuse the devices by using them to browse unwanted topics which are not really relevant to the production. This will hamper the productivity of the device and therefore, cost the organizations.
Using SureMDM, admins can now restrict or blacklist URLs in Google Chrome via Chrome Managed Configurations on Android devices which are enrolled to SureMDM in Device Owner mode.
Below are the steps involved to Blacklist URLs on Google Chrome
- Log into SureMDM and navigate to Profiles.
- Select Android OS and Enter Profile Name. You can also modify the existing profile.
- Click on Application Policy and add Google Chrome from Play for Work. Once done, you will be navigated to Android Enterprise Apps screen.
4. Enter Configuration Name and Navigate to Block access to a list of URLs option.
5. Enter the URLs to be blacklisted under Block access to a list of URLs option in the below format.
Note: To block all domains and sub-domains enter [“*”] under Block access to a list of URLs
6. In order to give access to only a few URLs, block access to all URLs first. by entering [“*”] under Block access to a list of URLs, and then mention the URLs to be allowed under Allow access to a list of URLs in the below format.
Example: [“https://www.42gears.com”,”https://www. cnn.com”]
7. Once done, Save the changes made to Managed Configurations. Also, save the Android Profile created under SureMDM.
8. Apply the profile to the desired device(s)
This should block access to unwanted URLs in Google Chrome on Android devices.
For more details on our products, click here