SureMDM accounts enrolled in Android Enterprise offer Play for Work Application management which include URL Blacklisting & Whitelisting On Chrome Browser. A particular use case may be to blacklist all URL’s and whitelist only the required ones. Thereby acting as business dedicated browser.
Below are the steps to configure Google Chrome.
1. Log into SureMDM and navigate to Profiles.
2. Select Android OS and click on add to create a new profile. You can also modify any existing profiles.
3. Provide the profile a Profile Name incase of a new profile and click on Application Policy and then click on configure.
4. Click on add and then select Google Chrome from Play for Work. Once you click on select, you will be navigated to Android Enterprise Apps screen.
5. Provide a Configuration Name and navigate to Block access to a list of URLs option and click on configure.
6. Enter the URLs to be blocked as per requirement and the Block access formats for the same with example is as mentioned below.
- URL format to Block all domains and subdomains – [“*”]
- URL format for Block single site – [“https://gmail.com”]
- URL format for Block multiple sites -[“https://documents.google.com”,”https://twitter.com”]
7. Next to configure to give access to certain URLs alone, then you will have to block access to all URLs first as mentioned above, and then mention only the URLs to be whitelisted under Allow access to a list of URLs by navigating to the same and then click on configure and enter the URLs
URL format to Allow certain domains – [“https://calendar.google.com”,”https://facebook.com”]
8. After updating the URLs to be whitelisted, click on “Save” button to save the Chrome configurations
9. You will then be redirected to Play Store Application Policy page, now configure the same as per requirement and click on next, configure the application permissions and click on finish.
10. he configured chrome application is now added to the policy, save the same and apply to the required devices.