There are many deployment scenarios where a customer relies on the GPS status of the device. GPS Status is a feature on which many features, such as location tracking and geo-fencing from SureMDM, depend.
Therefore, SureMDM also has mechanisms to manage the GPS status on Samsung Android devices and devices with signature permissions.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to provide a guide on how to change the GPS status on Android devices remotely using SureMDM.
- Log into the SureMDM Console.
- Navigate to Jobs > New Job > Android > Run Script.
- Create a Run Script Job with the below-mentioned commands on the SureMDM web console.
- Runscript to turn ON the GPS:
- Run Script to change GPS Status to Device Only:
- Run Script to change GPS Status to Battery saving:
- Run Script to change GPS Status to High accuracy
Note: Most of the features in SureMDM use the high-accuracy mode of GPS to perform their functions.
3. Once done, push the job to the device(s), and the GPS status on the device(s) will be changed.
Need more help? Here’s how to get help from our experts.