There are many deployment scenarios where a customer relies upon the GPS status of the device. GPS Status is a feature on which many features such as location tracking, geo-fencing from SureMDM depend on.
Therefore, SureMDM also has mechanisms to manage the GPS status on Samsung Android devices and devices with signature permissions.
Below are steps using which the admin can change the GPS status on the devices remotely using SureMDM.
1. Log into SureMDM
2. Create a Run script job for Android devices with the below commands.
- Runscript to turn ON the GPS:
- Run Script to change GPS Status to Device Only:
- Run Script to change GPS Status to Battery Saving
- Run Script to change GPS Status to High accuracy
Note: Most of the features in SureMDM use the High accuracy mode of GPS to perform the functions.
3. Once done, push the job to the device(s) and the GPS status on the device(s) would be changed.