Sometimes the admin might need to allow a few URL shortcuts on the SureLock home screen, without giving users access to any other site. In such cases, SureFox Basic in conjunction with SureLock can help you achieve this lockdown configuration.
The admins can follow the below steps to configure:
- Launch SureLock and set it as the default launcher.
- Access SureLock Settings by tapping 5 times on the screen, within 3 seconds
- Tap on Allowed Applications
- On the Allowed Applications screen, tap on Add App
- On the Select Applications screen, select SureFox
- Tap on Done to return to the SureLock Settings screen
- On the SureLock Admin Settings screen, tap on Manage Shortcuts
- On the Manage Shortcuts screen, Click on Settings and select Allow New Shortcut on the Home Screen option
- Tap on Done to complete
- Now you will see SureFox Icon on SureLock Homescreen
- Launch SureFox Inside SureLock Homescreen
- Access SureFox Settings by tapping 5 times on the screen within 3 seconds
- Tap on Allowed Websites
- Tap on Add URL and enter the URL of the website you want to allow
- On Add/Edit Allowed Websites screen, tap on the allowed website and tap on Shortcut
Note: You will see the toast message – SureLock: Shortcut created
- On the SureFox Settings screen, tap on Browser Preferences
- On the Browser Preferences screen, select Allow exit using Back Button
- Tap on Done and exit SureFox
Now, when the SureLock is launched, the user can see the shortcut of the website(s) listed on the home screen.
To know more about the product and features, contact the technical support team, click here.