Partial settings is a settings file where a specific configuration that the admin wants to update over the existing or running configuration on the devices. SureLock offers the facility to import the configuration that will update a part of the existing settings on the devices instead of modifying the whole configuration. Below are the steps to create and deploy the partial SureLock settings.
Creating a partial Settings file from the SureMDM console
- Login to the SureMDM console and navigate to the Jobs section
- Click on + to create a new job and select the Android platform
- Further click on the SureLock Settings job
- On the SureLock settings window, click on the Edit XML button which will give the template of the SureLock configuration
- Copy the content to a Notepad and update the configuration as required by removing the unwanted setting tags.
- Once the changes are done, update the mode from strict to partial
- Save the settings with .settings extension
Note: Make sure the changes are present within the opening and closing tag(<surelock>) as shown in the below example
<?xml version=’1.0′ encoding=’utf-8′ standalone=’yes’ ?>
<surelock platform=”ANDROID” version=”2″ productdetail=”Device Model : TC56, Android OS : 27, Product Name : SureLock, Product Version : 21.02006, Package Name : com.gears42.surelock” actPrefIdType=”-1″ forceActivateLicense=”false” settingIdentifier=”” settingIdentifierSuffix=”” mode=”partial” iconScaleValue=”288″><!–modes: strict, flexible, partial–>
<filterapplications screenresulution=”295.563X294.967″ mergeapplications=”false”>
Applying the SureLock partial settings job to the devices.
- Login to the SureMDM console
- Navigate to the Jobs section and click on + to create a new job
- Select Android platform and choose the File Transfer job
- Upload the SureLock.settings partial setting file and save it with a name.
- Go to Home and select the device(s) to update the SureLock partial settings and click on Apply
- Select the job name created in step No. 5 and click Apply