Google Chrome Shortcuts are links that provide quick access to the most used web URL. They save time and help increase your work productivity. SureLock provides a way to create google chrome shortcuts on Homescreen with a custom icon.
There are 3 major steps involved in this process.
1. Allowing the intent browser inside SureLock.
2. Hiding the allowed browser on the SureLock Home screen.
3. Creating the URL shortcut on the SureLock Home screen.
Below is the descriptive procedure of each step mentioned above.
1. Steps to allow the intent browser (Chrome) to launch the website shortcut within SureLock
Go to SureLock Admin Settings -> Allowed Application -> Add App(button)-> Chrome/Browser -> Done
2. Steps to hide the allowed browser
Goto SureLock Admin Settings -> Allowed Application -> Select App (One allowed in step 1) -> Hide Icon in Home Screen (check this option)-> Done.
3. Further, Add the URL application shortcut on the home screen
Goto SureLock Admin Settings -> Manage Shortcuts -> Select Shortcut and make the following changes and save the settings.
- Action: Enter ‘android.intent.action.VIEW’
- URI: Enter your website address
- Package Name: com.android.chrome
- Class Name: com.google.android.apps.chrome.Main
This should create a Chrome webpage shortcut on Surelock Homescreen of Android devices.
Note: You can use the same steps to make webpage shortcuts of other browsers by making the relevant changes under package name and class name in the Add shortcut Screen.
Please note that the end-users will have an option to navigate to other websites when Google Chrome is used. If you wish to completely lock-down the user to a particular website, you will need a Kiosk browser like SureFox.