SureMDM can help plug security gaps through Network Fencing. This feature allows an IT Admin to specify device behavior when it enters or exits a certain Wi-Fi network.
For example, you can use SureMDM to create a Network Fence for your office network and instruct the devices to automatically disable Dropbox when connected to the office network and reinstate the application once the devices exit the network. This could help the organization to minimize the possibilities of downloading or uploading of virus and malware affected documents. Network Fencing can be also used to restrict social networking apps or disable native apps like camera under a specific Wi-Fi network.
Steps to create Network Fence in SureMDM for Android devices
1. Login to SureMDM Web Console.
2. Click Jobs and select Android as the Operating System.
3. On Select Job Type screen, click Network Fence.
4. On Network Fence prompt, select and enable Enable Network Fencing option.
5. Select Select Fence tab and enter SSID (SSID is your wireless network name). Click on Add Fence to add more.
6. Select Fence Entered tab, click Add to select a job that will be activated on the device when it enters the fenced area.
7. Select the alert type for notification. This alert can be sent to the device, SureMDM Web Console or any email address.
8. Select Fence Exited tab and click Add to select a job that will be activated on the device when it exits the fenced area.
9. Select the alert type for notification.
10. Click Save to give a name and save to job.
11. Go to SureMDM Home and select desired device(s) or group(s).
12. Click on Apply, select the Networking Fencing job and click on Apply.
Once done, if the device is connected to a network specified in the fence, Fence Entered job will be applied and when the device is out of the network or connected to an unspecified network, Fence Exited job will be applied.
SureMDM also offers other fencing features like Geo Fencing and Time Fencing. Geo Fencing allows admins to create a virtual fence and define security policies around a geographical location such as an office building or warehouse (Read more here). Time Fencing allows admins to ensure definite use of the mobile devices at definite times (Read more here).