Based on certain use cases we have noticed that sometimes, we may need to add a website shortcut on the iOS device home screen.
SureMDM can help admins create WebApp Link shortcuts that can open using Safari browser on iOS devices remotely.
With the below steps, we can achieve the same.
- Log into SureMDM web console and navigate to AppStore.
- Select iOS/iPadOS and click Add New App
- Click on Web App.
- Enter Title, Web Link, Category and Description of the web link that needs to be saved as an icon on iOS device homescreen, in the Upload Web App prompt and click Add.
- Further, navigate to Profile section of SureMDM and click on iOS/iPadOS OS
- Click Add, enter Profile name and goto Application Policy
- Tap on Configure and click Add and choose the App uploaded in Step 4.
- Once done, save the changes and apply the profile to device(s) on which you would want to add website shortcut.