The need to disallow toggling the ambient display on Android devices stems from the fundamental goals of privacy protection, security enhancement, optimal resource utilization, adherence to organizational policies, and compliance with regulatory standards. Balancing the benefits of ambient display with the necessity of controlling its activation is crucial to creating a secure, efficient, and user-friendly mobile environment. Implementing such controls ultimately contributes to an ecosystem where users can confidently utilize their devices without compromising on data security and privacy.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to provide a guide on how to disable the end user from using ambient display.
- The feature is available presently only for Android devices with OS 9 onwards and with SureMDM Agent v27.15.03 onwards.
- Enrollment Methods: Device Owner (DO).
- Login to the SureMDM console.
- Navigate to the Profiles section and choose the Android platform.
- Click Add and select the System Settings tab.
- Click on Configure.
5. Navigate to or search for the option Disallow Ambient Display and enable it.
6. Save the profile.
7. Click Apply to launch the Apply Job To Device prompt.
8. In the Apply Job to Device prompt, select the profile created and click Apply.