USB debugging is often used by IT administrators or developers to connect and transfer data from an Android device to a computer or laptop. While this feature is useful, the device is not secured when connected to the computer or laptop. Hence, it is always advisable to block access to this setting by disabling it.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to provide a guide on how to disable USB debugging for Knox devices when the device is locked in a kiosk (SureLock).
- It should have SureLock with version 21.29.09 and above.
- This feature is available only for Knox (Samsung) devices.
- Samsung Knox should be enabled.
- Launch SureLock and access the SureLock Admin Settings by entering the password.
- Navigate to Samsung Knox Settings.
- Check the option, Disable USB Debugging, and click on Done.
Note: Disabling USB Debugging is available in the SureMDM Console as well. However, if you do not have a SureMDM account and are using only SureLock, the above setting within SureLock would work.
Need help? CONTACT US