SureMDM now offers support for the Volume Purchase Program (VPP), a quick and easy way for enterprises to purchase and distribute iOS apps in bulk. VPP offers businesses the flexibility to purchase apps in volume and distribute them via third-party EMM solutions directly to employee devices.
Purchased app licenses can be distributed directly to end users in any one of three ways: User Assignment, Device Assignment, or Redemption codes. In case the device is lost or stolen, the apps can be reassigned to another device.
SureMDM offers IT pros an easy option to distribute iOS apps in volume from a central console to different Apple devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Macs.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to provide a guide on how to distribute iOS apps using the Apple Volume Purchase Program(VPP).
- Users can start by enrolling in the Volume Purchase Program by creating an Apple Deployment Program account. Need help? Click here.
Step 1: Link SureMDM with your VPP account and assign devices.
1. Login to the SureMDM Web Console.
2. Click Account Settings, click on iOS/iPad/macOS Settings, and further select VPP.
3. Browse and upload the VPP token.
To download the Token:
After enrolling in the business with VPP, users can follow the below-mentioned steps to download the token and save the token for future reference.
- Sign into the Apple Business Manager portal with Apple ID credentials.
- Click on your organization name at the left bottom of the sidebar.
- Further, click Preferences, followed by Payment and Billing.
- Next, click Apps and Books, and then under Content Tokens, click the token name where the SureMDM server is assigned.
- Click Download.
4. Click on the Refresh option to list all the VPP applications in the SureMDM console.
5. Click on Sync Apps.
6. Go to the SureMDM App Store and choose the iOS/iPadOS platform.
7. You will see the VPP applications with the label VPP apps.
Step 2: To create a job in SureMDM with the desired application
1. Click Profiles.
2. Select iOS as the operating system and click Add.
3. Select Application Policy, and then click Configure.
4. Click Add to add the application to the device. A new prompt opens to add an application.
5. From the App Name drop-down menu, choose the app that has to be distributed. Check the Auto-Install box and the Install Using VPP box. Once done, click on Add.
6. Enter a name for the profile and click Save to save the changes.
Step 3: Push the job to the device
1. Go to SureMDM Home.
2. Select the device on which the job has to be deployed and click Apply.
3. Select the profile and click Apply.
Note: It is also possible to apply the job to a group of devices.