SureMDM now offers support for Volume Purchase Program (VPP), a quick and easy way for enterprises to purchase and distribute iOS apps in a bulk. VPP offers businesses the flexibility to purchase apps in volume and distribute them via third-party EMM solutions directly to the employee devices.
Purchased app licenses can be distributed directly to the end users in any one of three ways: User Assignment, Device Assignment, or Redemption codes. In case the device is lost or stolen, the apps can be reassigned to another device.
SureMDM offers IT pros, an easy option to distribute iOS apps in volume from a central console, to different Apple devices such as iPhones, iPads and Macs.
How to get started with using Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP)
Users can start by enrolling in Volume Purchase Program by creating an Apple Deployment Program account. Need help? Click here.
Steps to link SureMDM with VPP Account and assign devices
1. Login to SureMDM Web Console
2. Click Account Settings and click on iOS/iPad/macOS Settings and further select VPP.
3. Browse and upload the VPP token.
To download the Token: After enrolling the business with VPP, users can follow below mentioned steps to Download Token and save the token for future reference. 1. Sign into Apple Business Manager portal with Apple ID credentials. 2. Click on your/Organization name at the left bottom of the sidebar 3. Further click Preferences followed by clicking Payment and Billing 4. Next click Apps and Books and then under My Server Tokens. 5. Click the token name where the SureMDM server is assigned 6. Click Download
4. Click on the Refresh option to list all the VPP applications in the SureMDM console.
5. Click on Sync Apps
6. Go to SureMDM App store and choose iOS/iPadOS platform
7. You will see the VPP applications with the label VPP apps
Steps to create a job in SureMDM with desired application
1. Click Profiles.
2. Select iOS as the operating system and click Add.
3. Click Application Policy and then click Configure.
4. Click Add to add the application to the device. A new prompt opens to add an application.
5. From the App Name dropdown menu, choose the app which has to be distributed. Check the Auto Install box and Install Using VPP box. Once done press Add.
6. Enter a Name to the profile and click Save to save the changes.
Steps to push the job to the device
1. Go to SureMDM Home.
2. Select the device in which the job has to be deployed and click Apply.
3. Select the profile and click Apply.
If you want to manage the distribution of bulk apps using VPP, sign up for a SureMDM account today!