The “Find My” application on iOS devices can be used to see the location of the device on a map. If the device is online, the user can see its location, and it plays a sound to find it. If the device is offline, the user can see its location, but it doesn’t play a sound.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to provide a guide on how to enable or disable the “Find my device” feature for iOS devices.
- This is applicable to Supervised devices that have iOS 13.0 or later.
- Log in to the SureMDM Console.
- Click Profiles > Select iOS/iPadOS > Click Add > Enter the profile name.
- Click Restriction Profile and click on Functionality.
- To enable the devices tab, which consists of the device list in the “Find My” application, enable the “Allow Find My Device” option.
- To disable it, uncheck the “Allow Find My Device” option as shown below.
Need more help? Here’s how to get help from our experts.