SureMDM can quickly mass-configure and deploy Datalogic devices via QR code. You will need to download two apps to each device: Enterprise Agent (EA) and the SureMDM app (also known as the SureMDM Agent app). Use SureMDM central web console to create a QR code that, once scanned, automatically configures the SureMDM app on each device, allowing the device to be instantly managed via the SureMDM web console.
Part 1: Configure Android Enterprise in the SureMDM Console
- Login to SureMDM Web Console.
- Go to Settings and further to Account Settings
- Click on Android Management and select Android Enterprise Enrollment
- Click Enroll Android Enterprise
- On the Enterprise Enrollment prompt, select Google Play EMM API
- Next select Enroll Using Your Gmail Account radio button
- On the Google Play screen, click on Get started and log in with the Gmail account.
- Enter your organization name in Business Name and click Next
- In the Contact Details screen, enter the details, check the Agreement declaration, and click Confirm
- Click Complete Registration
- Navigate again back to the Android Enterprise Enrollment section to view the enrollment status
Part 2: Create a job to install the EA application on your Datalogic devices
- Click here to download the Enterprise Agent (EA) app for your Datalogic devices.
- In your SureMDM account, navigate to Jobs and select New Job.
- On the Select Operating System screen, select Android.
- On the Select Job Type screen, click Install Application job.
- Name this job, click Add and upload the EA application downloaded in step 1 above by using the “File Path/Url” upload button.
- Select OK in the Install Job window. Select OK again on the newly configured job. Please ensure that the job has been fully uploaded before applying it to the devices.
Part 3: Generate a QR code from the SureMDM Console For Android Enterprise
- Log in to the SureMDM console.
- Navigate to Enrollment.
- Click on Get started (if you are a first-time user)*.
- Enter the Name.
- Select the platform and enrollment type as Android Enterprise Enrollment and click on Next.
- If you are working with Android 9 (Pie) or later, enter the Wi-Fi information.
- Select Skip SureMDM Agent Permissions Checklist. Ignore Skip Encryption.
- Select the group in which to enroll the device and click on Next.
- Click on Save.
- Click on View QR code to access the QR code you just saved.
Part 4: Enroll your Datalogic device into SureMDM
- Start with a factory reset device. Tap 6 times on the device start screen, and then click the Next button. Alternatively, on supported Datalogic devices, on the Welcome screen scan the QR code you generated in Part 3 using the Datalogic scanner buttons located on the side of the device.
- Configure the Wi-Fi connection. On Datalogic devices that run Android 9 (Pie) and above, Wi-Fi credentials can be included in the QR code generator above. (Refer to Step 6 of Part 3)
- Scan the Android Enterprise QR code.
- Tap on Accept and Continue. This will start setting up your work device. Note that the device will still say “Profile Provisioning in Progress” until a profile is pushed (see part 5). If a device does not receive a profile on time, it will eventually throw an error.
Part 5: Steps to perform AFTER a successful enrollment
Once you enroll the device in the console, you’ll need to deliver the following payloads to the device:
1. A SureMDM Android Profile. For more information about profiles, click here. If you do not have a profile in mind, it is suggested to push the “COD Profile” to the device
(i.e. Corporate Owned Device profile, this is a standard profile in SureMDM).
2. The job for installing the EA app on the device (created in Part 2 above). The EA application will auto-grant all permissions that the SureMDM Agent app requires to function. This ensures that the devices do not require the end-user to manually grant permissions.
To use the job you created to push the EA app to the device, follow these steps
1. Go to the SureMDM Home page.
2. Select the device(s) from the device list.
3. Click on Apply.
4. Select the job you created earlier from the list and click Apply.
To read more about SureMDM, click here.