The mobile, distributed workforce demands the flexibility of using different device types for convenience. However, managing and securing a host of devices that may or may not be company-owned is a daunting task to say the least. SureMDM provides an easy and foolproof way to keep a tab on such devices and mitigate the risks of data breaches.
There are three ways of registering an iOS device on the web-based console of SureMDM:
- APNs-based enrollment
- DEP-based enrollment
- Enrollment through browser link
This blog enumerates the steps of enrolling an iOS device using APNs.
Steps to enroll iOS device using APNs
1. Log in to the SureMDM Web Console.
2. Click the Settings icon on the navigation tab.
3. Select Account Settings from the drop-down.
4. Select iOS/macOS Settings from the menu.
5. Under APNS, click the Download button to download and save the vendor-signed CSR for generating the push certificate.
6. Click Apple Push Certificate Portal.
7. Enter username and password to log in.
8. Upload the certificate downloaded in Step 6 to create a new push certificate.
9. Click the Download button on the confirmation screen to download and save the certificate.
10. Navigate back to the SureMDM Web Console to upload the certificate downloaded in Step 10.
11. Go back to Settings.
12. Choose Device Enrollment from the drop-down menu.
13. Download SureMDM Agent on the iOS device from the App Store.
14. On the iPhone, launch the SureMDM Agent.
15. Click Enroll Device.
16. Tap Scan QR Code on the screen.
17. Click Install.
18. Click Trust.
19. Click Done.
20. Select the option that suits your purpose.
21. On successful configuration, SureMDM Agent Home Screen should mention Online.
22. The device will start reflecting on the console.
Once successfully done enrollment of an iOS device using APNs is complete.
To register and try SureMDM for free, click here.