AstroFarm now supports the enrollment of iOS devices. This means the admin can now share, manage, and control iOS devices remotely.
Here is a quick video tutorial on how to enroll your iOS devices in the AstroFarm or you can also follow the step by step written instructions as mentioned below this video link:
Before initiating the enrollment, following pre-requisites must be satisfied.
- macOS 11 and above.
- Xcode version 10.3 and above (Stable version). Click here for details.
- Homebrew. Click here for details.
- Install libusbmuxd: brew install libusbmuxd
- WDA resigned. You can log into the AstroFarm Console, click on the Settings icon, and select the iOS Agent icon for details on this.
- IDB – Click here for details.
– IDB Companion
– IDB client
Note: During IDB installation, if you face issues with the installation of the IDB client, please check the below pointers.
- Ensure the value of Command Line Tools: To do this, launch the XCode application on the mac machine and navigate to Preferences under the XCode drop-down menu.
Further, navigate to Locations and ensure the Command Line Tools has a value and is not empty.
- For M1 Macs if normal brew commands are not working then try these commands:
- arch -x86_64 /bin/bash -c “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install.sh)”
- arch -x86_64 /usr/local/bin/brew tap Facebook/fb
- arch -x86_64 /usr/local/bin/brew install idb-companion
- arch -x86_64 /usr/local/bin/brew install libusbmuxd
- Also, try using the below command to install the IDB client.
sudo python3 -m pip install fb-idb
Steps to enroll iOS devices on AstroFarm:
To enroll your iOS devices in Astrofarm, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Log in to the AstroFarm portal and Download the AstroFarm Agent for macOS by clicking the Apple icon in the top right corner. You can also click here to download the latest mac Agent.
Note: Ensure to uninstall the older versions of Astrofarm Agent if it’s installed on the machine.
- Install the downloaded .pkg file on the mac machine which is going to be the host machine.
- Go back to the AstroFarm portal and click on the Copy Access Token button.
Note: The Copy Access Token button is available only if you have been listed as a Contributor by your account administrator. Launch the AstroFarmAgent for mac application.
- Enter the following details in the application:
i. Server Path: This is the URL path to the AstroFarm server. If you have any trouble finding the URL, contact your administrator for help.
ii. Access Token: This is the Access Token generated on the AstroFarm portal when you list yourself as a contributor. Paste the token generated from Step 3.
iii. ADB Path: This is the file path to ADB on your machine. (This step is optional)
iv. Check Enroll iOS devices option. Click on Apply & Restart.
- Now, plug in the iOS device to the host machine to auto-enroll the device to AstroFarm.
Note: Disable Passcode on iOS devices to ensure better performance on AstroFarm.