SureMDM supports Windows CE devices running with Windows Mobile 5.0 (Pocket PC, Pocket PC Phone Edition) and Windows Mobile 6.0 (Classic and Professional).
The purpose of this article is to provide a guide on how to enroll Windows CE devices with SureMDM.
- Microsoft has announced EOL for Windows CE 5.0 & 6.0. Recommended Windows CE 7.0
Step 1: Steps to enroll a Windows Mobile CE Device into SureMDM
1. Download the SureMDM Agent application on the device from here. A .cab file will be downloaded.
2. Tap the downloaded .cab file and click Install.
Once successfully installed, the SureMDM Agent Home Screen will appear with the Settings option.
Step 2: If you are facing problems installing SureMDM Agents on the device, you can follow the below steps
1. Download the .cab file from here on a desktop or laptop and connect the device to the desktop or laptop (using a USB cable).
2. Launch the Windows Mobile Device Centre on the desktop or laptop and connect to the device.
3. Transfer the .cab file from the desktop or laptop to the device.
4. On the device, double-click and launch the .cab file to complete the installation process.
5. Enter the Customer ID and Server Path, and click on Register.
- The customer ID is the SureMDM account identification number.
- Server is the console URL at which the device will be enrolled.
4. Click OK.
Once the device is enrolled in SureMDM, it will be listed in the device grid of the SureMDM web console, and the status on the SureMDM Agent home screen will show Online.
Need more help?