SureMDM stores multiple types of data that vary depending on the use case. There are some default storage locations for these data to be stored. This helps to protect your data from being accidentally changed, corrupted, or deleted while you work.
An example of such a default storage location is
Now, SureMDM allows the user to modify the location of where data, like a SureLock settings file, is stored. This helps the user access the settings files faster and place them in any desired location of available storage.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to provide a guide on how to export the current settings of the SureLock application to a specified location through SureMDM.
Step 1: To export SureLock Settings on the device through SureMDM
- Login to your SureMDM console and go to the Run Script Job from the jobs section. Jobs > Android > Run Script.
- Inside the runscript job, enter the below script for exporting SureLock settings to default storage ( i.e. /storage/emulated/0/Documents/42Gears/SureLock/).
Please find the below image as a reference to the above runscript job:
Step 2: To export SureLock Settings on the device to a specific location through SureMDM
- Login to your SureMDM console and go to the Run Script Job from the jobs section. Jobs > Android > Run Script
- Inside the runscript job, enter the below script for exporting SureLock settings to any specific location.
- While exporting SureLock Settings to the desired location, we need to enter the complete path as below.
Please find the below image as reference to the above runscript job:
If you want to change the location to storage/emulated/0/Download/settings, the run script should be as follows: