SureMDM by 42Gears can allow enterprises to find multiple lost managed iOS and iPadOS devices at once via Apple’s Find My app.
Let’s take a look at how to find lost iOS devices.
Steps to enable Lost Mode on an iOS or iPadOS device
1. Log into your iCloud account > Select Find iPhone/Find My iPad.
2. Select the lost device or devices from All Devices.
3. Using GPS, the website will show the device’s location. On the right side, a window will appear showing three options: Play Sound, Lost Mode and Erase iPad/Erase iPhone.
4. If the device is nearby, you can use the Play Sound option to play a distinctive sound that you can follow to find the device. If the device is far away, you can secure it for the time being by activating Lost Mode. If the device cannot ever safely be retrieved, select the Erase iPad option.
5. If you choose Lost Mode, you’ll be prompted for a phone number to display .
6. Click Next and the website will then ask for the message that you would like the iPad to display while in Lost Mode.
7. Click Done. The iPad will be rendered unusable save for the message you’ve chosen for the device to display.
Steps to disable Lost Mode on an iOS or iPadOS device
Once your enterprise retrieves a device that has been placed in Lost Mode, follow these steps to return the device to normal functionality.
Go to iCloud account > Select Find iPhone/Find iPad > Select the device from the device list. A prompt will appear showing three options. Click on Lost Mode, and then Stop Lost Mode.
Steps to enable Lost Mode on iOS and iPadOS devices using SureMDM
SureMDM by 42Gears can allow enterprises to find lost iOS and iPadOS devices quickly via Apple’s Find My app.
A. Unsupervised devices
If the device is enrolled with SureMDM, but is unsupervised, Lost Mode can not be enabled. Follow the steps below to find lost devices using SureMDM:
1. Go to the SureMDM Web Console.
2. Select the device(s) from the Home Screen.
3. Select Lock, Wipe, Shut down or Message based on your needs.
B. Supervised devices
If the device is supervised and enrolled in SureMDM, follow these simple steps to find it using a job.
1. Login into the SureMDM Web Console > Jobs > Create a New Job > iOS > Lost Mode > OK.
2. Go to Home > Select the lost device > Apply the job.
3. Once Lost Mode is enabled, a prompt will appear on the device.
Steps to disable Lost Mode on iOS and iPadOS devices using SureMDM
1. Login into the SureMDM Web Console > Go to Jobs > Create a New Job/Modify Job created earlier > iOS > Disable Lost Mode > OK.
2. Go to Home > Select the lost device(s) > Apply the job.
3. Lost Mode will now be disabled.
42Gears offers robust solutions to manage iOS and iPadOS business devices. These solutions provide better manageability and control over devices, even if they are lost or stolen.
Try SureMDM for free.