As with any Android app, SureLock also needs certain permissions to work full-fledged on devices.
Once you Download and Install SureLock on the device, it will request for below listed set of permissions SureLock needs access to on an Android device under the Setup SureLock Permissions screen.
- Set SureLock as Default Launcher – This option will set SureLock as the default Home screen.
- Configure Runtime Permissions– This option is to ensure SureLock has all the run time permissions to access Storage, Telephone, Contacts, Camera, and Location of the device.
- Activate Device Admin – This option is to ensure SureLock has all the necessary permissions for the advanced lockdown features such as
– Disable Camera
– Disable Lock Screen
– Encrypt device
– Set Password Expiry
– Lock Device
– Set Password Restrictions
– Reset Device Password
– Monitor unauthorized Login
– Wipe Device
- Enable Usage Access – Select this option and then Enable Usage Access for SureLock. This is to ensure SureLock successfully imposes lockdown on the device.
- Configure System Permission: This option when selected gives SureLock permissions to modify the system settings.
- Install and Setup Enterprise Agent – This option will download and install Enterprise Agent on the supported device.
- Enable Notification Access – This option will give SureLock permissions to read all notifications such as contact names, text messages, dismiss notifications, etc.,
- Enable Samsung Knox – Select this option to enable Samsung Knox features. This feature is available only for Samsung Knox devices.
- Enable Display Over Other Apps – This option allows SureLock to display on top of other apps.
- Enable SureKeyboard Service – Select this option to set SureKeyboard as the input method while using SureLock.
- Disable USB Debugging – Select this option to restrict access to the device using the Command prompt.
- Disable Automatic Update From Play Store – Select this option to stop auto-updating all the installed applications from Play Store.
Once these permissions are granted SureLock will successfully pull down an effective lockdown on Android devices.
For more details on our products, click here