Sensitive data is any data that poses risk to the company or organization if fallen into wrong hands and needs to be protected. Examples of such data can be anything from a prototype, source code, or documents. One of the easiest ways to capture such data would be using a camera available on smartphones. Unless the camera on these devices is blocked, employees/visitors can easily capture these data, risking exposure of private information.
We, at 42Gears, understand the intensity of this matter and have come up with a new solution CamLock.
CamLock, as the name suggests, allows admins to block cameras on Android Smartphones of employees/visitors in order to stop them from taking pictures or videos of confidential material based on the employee activity, location, and/or time of day.
1. Login to SureMDM Web Console
2. Navigate to Settings and click on Account Settings
3. Further, click on the Things Management tab. Check the Enable Things Gateway option and set the Password. Once done, Save the configurations.
1. Once the Things Management is enabled on the SureMDM web console, navigate to the Enrollment section and click on the QR Code Enrollment option.
2. If the SureMDM account is new, click on the Get Started button else click on the ListView option and select Create QR Code.
3. On the Setup QR Code for Enrollment prompt, enter the below details.
a. Under the Enrollment Type tab, enter the name of the QR code, select Things as Platform and select the QR code Enrollment option as the Enrollment Type and click on Next.
b. You will be navigated to Configure Options screen, under the Select Group option select a group where the device to be enrolled and choose between the options Set Device Name Manually/Use System Generated Name for Set Device Name and click on Next.
c. Click on Save.
1. Download and install the CamLock app from Playstore.
2. Launch the CamLock application and click on Get Started button and then grant all the necessary permissions for the application to work as expected.
3. On the Enrollment screen. The users can choose to manually enroll the device or use a QR code to enroll the devices to the SureMDM web console.
Note: Once the device is enrolled successfully to the SureMDM console, the admin can select the device from the device list, toggle Block Camera and CamLock Agent Uninstallation option based on the requirement and click on Apply to apply the changes to the device.
To contact our technical support team, click here.