With SureMDM, IT admins can now remotely view the end user’s iPhone or iPad screens by using Apple’s built-in screen recording feature.
Steps to remotely capture an iOS/iPadOS device screen using SureMDM
1. Login to the SureMDM Web Console and select any enrolled iOS device.
2. Click Remote from Dynamic Jobs section.
3. On the iOS/iPadOS device, swipe up to open the Control Center.
4. Long click the Screen Record button.
5. Select the SureMDM device app (also known as “SureMDM Agent”) and click Start Broadcast.
6. If the Screen Record button is not available, go to Device Settings.
7. Select Control Center.
8. Click + to add Screen Recording.
9. Once broadcast starts, the user will get a push notification on the device indicating that the admin requested screen access.
Now the admin will be able to see the iOS/iPadOS device screen on the SureMDM Web Console.
Note: Remote screen capture through SureMDM works on all iOS and iPadOS devices including iPhones and iPads, running iOS 11 and above, or iPadOS 13 and above. However, remote control (simulating touch and click remotely) is not yet supported.
Once the admin closes the remote support window on the 42Gears Web Console, the end user will get a notification on the device to stop the broadcast, ensuring the device does not use unnecessary data.
If you would like to enjoy easier troubleshooting of iOS and iPadOS, devices, you can try SureMDM’s remote screen capture feature today! Click for a free trial.
Watch the iOS Remote Screen Sharing video here.