All Applications on your Android device will be set to auto-update from Google Play Store. However, sometimes updating the applications might not be desired for several reasons. Using SureMDM admin can restrict the updation of applications downloaded from Google PlayStore.
Follow the below steps to achieve this.
1. Login to the SureMDM web console and navigate to Profiles.
2. Select Android and enter the Job Name. Click Add.
3. Navigate to System Settings under Android Profile and click Configure.
4. Under the Applications tab, check Enable AE-specific configurations. Further, select the App Auto-updates and select Never from the drop-down menu.
5. Save the profile and push it on the device(s).
This should restrict Google Play Store applications from being updated.
- If the Google PlayStore icon is available on the device, the end-user will still be able to update the apps. It is suggested that the admin either hides the Google PlayStore icon on the device using SureMDM or puts the device in a kiosk mode.
- If Google determines a potential threat or issues with the current update available on the device, it will forcibly update the necessary settings on the device irrespective of the update settings configured on the Google PlayStore.