Any device can be deleted from the console. Once deleted, you will no longer be able to remotely access the device. Once we perform deletion of the device from the console this can perform a few actions on the device end as well.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to provide a guide on how to set Device Deletion Action using SureMDM.
- If the user wants to stop SureMDM Agent services or wipe the device when it’s deleted from the console, these actions can be performed.
- Supported only from SureMDM Agent version >= 27.20.13.
1. Login to the SureMDM Console and Click on the Gears (Settings) icon.
2. Select Account Settings.
3. Scroll down to Android Management .
4. Select Miscellaneous > Device Deletion Action and choose the option from the drop down
Deregister the device and Stop the SureMDM Service : Deregistering will only remove the device and not all the configurations that have been configured on the device and stop the nix services on the device end.
Deregister the device and reset SureMDM Agent Settings: This would remove the device from the console and reset the SureMDM agent settings.
Wipe the Device: Wiping of the devices is only possible for Android and Android VR devices. For WearOS platforms, devices will be deregistered, managed apps removed and configurations made through SureMDM will be cleared.
5. Once selecting the option from drop down, click on Apply.
Need more help? Here’s how to get help from our experts.