When your Android device is in lockdown mode with access to only allowed applications and no access to device settings, it is quite possible that after a certain period of time with extensive usage, the device may show signs of not operating up to its potential level. The device could become slow, Wi-Fi function may get patchy or worse, high battery drainage, and so on.
There could be many such common issues that can be fixed by a simple reboot. A reboot could clear cache to counter the slow processing, close services/applications running in the background that might be eating away the battery life, or restore lost WiFi connection. However, if you are using Mobile Device Management solutions like SureMDM to monitor and push jobs to your devices, sometimes they need a reboot for the changed settings to come into effect.
Now, SureLock allows you to schedule a reboot of your Samsung KNOX enabled or devices with Signature permissions or Root permissions. You can simply create a reboot plan for a specific day and time for your kiosks/field devices/or any Android devices with SureLock.
To enable this feature, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Access SureLock Admin Settings by tapping on the screen five times within three seconds and entering SureLock Password
2. On the Admin Settings screen, tap on SureLock Settings
3. On the SureLock Settings screen, tap on Schedule Reboot
4. On the Schedule Reboot Settings screen, tap on Enable Scheduled Reboot
5. Tap on Change Schedule Reboot Time, to specify a time for the reboot
6. Once done, select the days using listed options under the Select Days section
7. Tap on Done to complete
Now, your device will automatically reboot on the set time and day without losing the lockdown.
To read more about SureLock for Android, click here.
If you need further assistance, please submit a ticket here