Adding Wi-Fi networks to Allowlist provides an added layer of protection to the devices, which guards them against unsecured Wi-Fi networks. Adding Wi-Fi network to Allowlist allows the devices to only connect to selected Wi-Fi networks, preventing possible attacks and security threats that put the stored data in danger
Steps to add Wi-Fi Network to Allowlist in iOS Devices
Wi-Fi can be added to allowlisted for enrolled iOS devices in SureMDM with use to Wi-Fi Configuration and Restriction profile.
Step 1: Login to SureMDM
1. Login to SureMDM Web Console.
2. Go to Profiles.
3. Select iOS.
4. Click on the Add button.
5. From iOS MDM Profile screen, click on Wi-Fi Configuration.
Step 2: Wi-Fi Configuration and adding them to Allowlisting
1. Once you select Wi-Fi configuration, click Configure and Add.
2. When the Wi-Fi Configuration prompt appears, enter the SSID (Wi-Fi SSID which is to be added to Allowslist), select Security Type, and Save.
Step 3: Restriction Profile Settings
1. Once Wi-Fi Configuration profile is created, go back to the iOS MDM Profile screen and select Restriction Profile.
2. Click Configure.
3. Next screen, scroll the list under Functionality, and select Force Wi-Fi Allowlisting option and click Save.
Step 4: Apply the Allowlisting Profile
1. Go back to SureMDM Home.
2. Select desired devices/group and click Apply.
3. From the list, select the profile you have created earlier and click Apply.
You have now successfully configured an iOS Wi-Fi Allowlisting Profile. You can validate this setup in the iOS device by connecting it to a non-allow listed Wi-Fi network. If successful, you will not be able to connect to any other network except the Allowlisted ones. If you attempt to connect to a non-listed Wi-Fi, the below notification will appear:
“Your device is now protected from unsecured Wi-Fi networks.”
Want to secure Wi-Fi access for your business? Try SureMDM today.