Adding Wi-Fi networks to Allowlist provides an added layer of protection to the devices, which guards them against unsecured Wi-Fi networks. This process also allows the devices to only connect to selected Wi-Fi networks, preventing possible attacks and security threats that put the stored data in danger.
Steps to put Wi-Fi SSID into AllowList on Samsung Knox Devices
Allow listing Wi-Fi can be achieved on Android Samsung KNOX devices using a script deployed remotely from the SureMDM console onto the device.
Step 1: Create a Whitelisting job
1. Login to SureMDM Web Console.
2. Go to Job.
3. Click on New Job.
4. Select Android from the list of Operating Systems.
5. On Select Job Type screen, click on Run Script.
Step 2: Create the Run Script
1. On Run Script prompt name the job.
2. Add the following script.
3. Remove SSID1, …SSID2, and replace it with your Allow listed SSID.
Step 3: Push the Job to Your Devices
1. Go back to SureMDM Home.
2. Select desired devices/group and click Apply.
3. From the list, select the job you have created earlier and click on Apply.
Step 4: Verify Non-Connectivity to Non-Whitelisted Network
After the job has been pushed, verify the device does not connect to non-whitelisted networks. Go to device settings and try to connect the device to a non-listed network.
The following notification should appear:
“Your device is now protected from unsecured networks.”