Adding Wi-Fi networks to Allowlist provides an added layer of protection to the devices, which guards them against unsecured Wi-Fi networks. This process also allows the devices to only connect to selected Wi-Fi networks, preventing possible attacks and security threats that put the stored data in danger.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to provide a guide on how to add Wi-Fi Networks to Samsung Android Device’s Allowlist.
- This feature will work only on SureMDM Agent version 12.09 onwards.
Step 1: Create a whitelisting job
1. Login to the SureMDM Console.
2. Go to Jobs.
3. Click on New Job.
4. Select Android from the list of Operating Systems.
5. On the Select Job Type screen, click on Run Script.
Step 2: Create the Run Script
1. On the Run Script prompt, name the job.
2. Add the following script:
3. Remove SSID1, SSID2, and replace it with your Allowlisted SSID.
Note: For multiple SSIDs, write all SSIDs in brackets and add commas in between them, as shown below:
whiteListWifiSSID(test SSID1, test SSID2, test SSID3)
Step 3: Push the Job to the Devices
1. Go back to SureMDM Home.
2. Select the desired devices or group and click Apply.
3. From the list, select the job you created earlier and click Apply.
Step 4: Verify Non-Connectivity to a Non-Whitelisted Network
After the job has been pushed, verify that the device does not connect to non-whitelisted networks. Go to device settings and try to connect the device to a non-listed network.
The following notification should appear:
“Not allowed by your organization”.
Need help? CONTACT US