When we push Surelock settings on devices and the job fails with an error Import Setting Failed: Unknown Node: ID this usually occurs when Surelock XML tag(s) and version compatibility.
This generally happens when the settings contain the tag(s) that is not available on the version of the SureLock running on the device. Such changes on the device side are not identified and hence the SureLock throws the error of Import Settings failed with the node name.
To resolve the same, the admin can follow the steps below:
- Navigate to SureMDM Console and select the affected device.
- Select SureLock from Dynamic jobs.
- Click on Edit XML
- Search for the tag mode=”strict” and replace it with mode=”flexible“
- Click Save Source
- Click Apply to apply the change immediately
To save the settings as a job,
- Follow the steps from 1 to 5
- Click on Save as Job
- Enter a Job Name.
- Click Save.