When we push SureLock settings on devices and the job fails with an error Import Setting Failed: Unknown Node: ID, this usually occurs when SureLock XML tag(s) and versions are not compatible.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to provide a guide on how to resolve an error in the SureLock job stating Import Setting Failed: Unknown Node: ID.
- This generally happens when the settings contain the tag(s) that are not available on the version of SureLock running on the device.
- Such changes on the device side are not identified, and hence the SureLock throws the error that Import Settings failed with the node name.
From SureLock version 21.24.05 onwards, users will not be required to change or update the XML settings as the mode is set to flexible by default.
- Navigate to the SureMDM Console and select the affected device.
- Select SureLock from Dynamic Jobs.
- Click on Edit XML.
- Search for the tag mode=”strict” and replace it with mode=”flexible“.
5. Click Save Source.
6. Click Apply to apply the change immediately.
To save the settings as a job:
- Follow the steps from 1 to 5.
- Click on Save as Job.
- Enter a job name.
- Click Save.
Need help? CONTACT US