42Gears supports User Enrollment, the latest way to enroll iOS and iPadOS devices into an MDM solution. User Enrollment is an effective way to provide a secure end-user experience while securing and managing corporate data on BYOD devices.
Admins can create the following profiles and apply them on iOS and iPadOS devices that are enrolled through User Enrollment:
- Passcode Policy
- Single App Mode Profile
- Restriction Profile
- Application Policy
- Configuration Policy
- WiFi and Mail Configuration
- Exchange ActiveSync
- File-Sharing policy
- Single Sign-On Extensions
To configure a profile and apply it on iOS and iPadOS devices that have gone through the User Enrollment process, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to 42Gears UEM Console > Profiles > iOS.
2. Toggle the User Enrollment Profile option to ON and select a profile from the list above.
3. Enter the Profile Name and configure the required settings and click Save.
The newly created profile will be listed under the Profiles section.
4. Go back to the Home tab and select the iOS device(s) or group(s).
5. Click the Apply to launch Apply Job/Profile To Device prompt.
6. In the Apply Job/Profile To Device prompt, select the created profile and click Apply.
When iOS and iPadOS devices are enrolled through User Enrollment, SureMDM admins cannot view or manage apps that the user has installed. On these devices, 42Gears UEM admins can only manage enterprise apps.
To create an enterprise App Store and configure applications remotely on the enrolled iOS and iPadOS device, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to 42Gears UEM Console > App Store > iOS > Add New App.
2. In the Select Options prompt, select the desired option from the following list to add the application:
- Upload ipa
- Manifest link
- Search from App Store
- Web App
NOTE: The Search from App Store option is not supported for User Enrollment.
Once the app is successfully added, the application will start reflecting in the App Store screen.
3. Go to Profiles > iOS > Add > Application Policy > Configure.
4. Enter a Profile Name.
5. Click on Add and in the Add App prompt, choose the App Name from the drop-down menu.
Repeat Step 2 for more applications to list in the App Name drop-down menu.
6. Select Auto-Install and click Add.
The application(s) will be listed in the Application Policy section.
7. Select an application and click Config to set up the app’s managed configuration.
8. In the Application Configuration prompt, click Add and enter the following details:
9. Click Add > Save.
The newly created profile will be listed in the Profiles section.
10. Go back to the Home tab and select the iOS device(s) or group(s).
11. Click Apply to launch Apply Job/Profile To Device prompt.
12. In the Apply Job/Profile To Device prompt, select the created profile and click Apply.
To learn more about how to start managing iOS and iPadOS devices enrolled through User Enrollment, click here.