SureMDM has a native feature to remotely view iPhone and iPad screens right from the browser window on your laptop. SureMDM is one of the first EMM platforms with screen sharing functionality for iOS 11 devices, without the use of a third-party screen sharing solution. With SureMDM, IT admins can now remotely view the end user’s iPhone or iPad screens by using Apple’s built-in screen recording feature.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to provide a guide on how to use the screen sharing feature on iPad and iPhone using SureMDM.
- The device must be online on the console for the remote feature to work.
- Install SureMDM Agent from the App Store on your iOS device, enroll it in your SureMDM account, and follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: On an iPhone or iPad
1. Swipe from the top to open the Control Centre.
2. 3D touch (long press) on the record button.
3. If you don’t see the record button, go to Settings > Control Centre >Tap + against Screen Recording under More Controls.
3. Select SureMDM Agent and then press Start Broadcast.
Step 2: On the SureMDM Web Console
1. Login to the SureMDM Web Console.
2. Click and select the iOS device.
3. Click Remote from the Quick Action Toolbar.
4. The new tab will show the device screen in real-time.
Step 3: To close the remote session from the device end.
1. Swipe from the top to open the Control Centre or long press on the record button.
2. Users can click on Stop Broadcast to stop the remote session.
The iOS Screen Sharing feature in SureMDM is very useful for providing remote support and troubleshooting services to iPhone and iPad users.