Safe Mode on most of the Android devices can be activated by a long press on the power button. It’s as simple as that. So, what happens when employees or users of a company are handed company-owned devices for use? Access to the Safe Mode feature would allow users to bypass any installed lockdown or management solution (MDM).
Block Safe Mode using SureLock
To counter the loophole caused by the Safe Mode feature in Android devices, SureLock offers Lock Safe Mode function that prevents the user from entering Safe Mode by locking it with a password.
Steps to activate Lock Safe Mode in SureLock
1. Go to SureLock Home Screen and tap 5 times to launch the password prompt.
2. Enter the admin password to go to Admin Settings.
3. Tap SureLock Settings and then Lock Safe Mode.
4. On the Lock Safe Mode prompt set a password.
5. Once the password is set, Lock Safe Mode will be activated
Now, any time a user tries to enter Safe Mode, SureLock will ask for the password, without which the Safe Mode won’t be accessible.
To learn more about SureLock, click here.
To contact our technical support team, click here.