SureMDM offers a secure way to share and distribute enterprise files on Windows devices through its File Store. This feature allows IT Admins to create a document library and share documents like images, videos and other files across enrolled Windows devices.
To share a file using File Store in SureMDM, the following three steps have to be performed:
- Upload the file to File Store
- Create a File Sharing Policy profile
- Apply the created profile on the desired device
Steps to upload the file to File Store
1. Login to SureMDM Web Console.
2. On SureMDM Home, click on File Store.
3. On the File Store screen, click New Folder to create a new folder.
4. Once the folder is created, click and highlight the folder.
5. Next, click Upload files, browse and upload the desired files.
6. On successful upload, you will see the document listed under the folder.
Steps to create a File Sharing Policy profile
1. On SureMDM Home, click Profiles.
2. On the Profiles screen, select the desired platform; Windows and click Add.
3. On the Work Profile screen, click on File Sharing Policy tab.
4. Give a name to the profile and click Configure.
5. Next, click Add to launch the File Store.
6. Select the desired files/documents and click on Add to list.
7. After adding, click Done to go back to configuration screen.
8. Click Save to complete.
Steps to apply File Sharing job on desired devices
1. On SureMDM Home, select the device or group.
2. Click Apply from Quick Action Toolbar.
3. On the Apply Job to Device prompt, select the File Sharing Policy job and click Apply.
On successful completion, Windows device will have a new app on the device named – SureMDM File Store which will list the shared file for the user to download.
With SureMDM File Store feature, distributing confidential business document can not only be secure but also quick and convenient. The same set of file distribution features is also available for Android and iOS devices, click here to read more about it.