There are times when you want to upgrade SureLock on devices that are not physically present with you and you also don’t want any interruptions of activities on those devices during upgrades. Running silent or unattended-upgrades will solve this problem.
No need to disable the lockdown for upgrade
No interaction is required from the end-user
No display or indication of the upgrade in device
No device reboot required
1. Access SureLock Admin Settings
2. Check and enable Disable Othe Home Screens, Enable Watchdog Service or
Enable Knox in SureLock Admin Settings.
3. Now, launch the SureMDM Agent and check Enable SureMDM Agent Services option in the SureMDM Agent screen. Also, ensure Enable Admin and Enable Knox option is checked.
4. Next, Login to SureMDM Web Console
5. Go to Jobs and click on New Jobs
6. Select Android and then Install Application
8. On the Multiple Install Job Properties prompt, Enter the job name and tap on Add
9. On the Install Job prompt, enter the following details:
- File Path/URL – Browse and select the SureLock .apk file to which you would like to upgrade or enter a downloadable URL of the SureLock .apk file to which you would like to upgrade the application.
- Device Path – the default location is /sdcard/
- Install After Copy – Check this option if you want to install the application after being copied
Note: You can also enable the Use Apps From AppStore if you have uploaded the upgraded version of SureLock to App Store. Click here for details.
10. Click on OK to create a job.
13. Select the device(s) from the list of devices and tap on Apply option present just above the device grid.
14. Once the Job is applied, SureLock will be silently upgraded on the device
Read more about our products: