OS updates are an important maintenance feature when you own a mobile device. Such updates can enhance user experience on the device, fix broken features, add security features, etc.,
However, admins sometimes choose not to update the OS on the devices as this may deteriorate the device performance, hence slowing it down for the day to day activities.
SureMDM helps the admin postpone the OS updates on Supervised iOS devices, in order to keep the device performing better.
Below are the steps to restrict iOS OS updates via SureMDM.
1. Log into SureMDM web console
2. Click Profile. Select iOS
3. Click Add and Enter Profile Name
4. Select Restriction Profile and click Configure to configure the profile.
5. Enable Force Delayed Software Updates and set the days to postpone the iOS updates from the days of OS release in Enforced Software Update Delay.
6. Click Save.
Once done, apply this profile on the iOS device on which you would like to restrict the OS update.
To read more about SureMDM iOS, click here
If you need further assistance, please submit a ticket here