SureVideo Kiosk Browser for iOS is now available for Enterprise Distribution. This means that SureFox is developed using the iOS Enterprise Developer Program and can be securely hosted and deployed to your workforce iOS devices.
Steps required for SureVideo Enterprise Distribution
- Enroll your organization with Apple Developer Enterprise Program. Here is the link to do that.
- Create and download iOS Enterprise Distribution Certificate and Provisioning profile from Apple Developer Portal. Here is a video link for this.
- Download the un-signed SureVideo IPA file from here.
- Sign SureVideo IPA file using certificate and provisioning profile from step 2. Detailed steps for this are listed below.
- Create a manifest plist file for the new signed SureVideo IPA file. Detailed steps for this are listed below.
- Host the new signed IPA file plist file on a secure https server
- Access the URL for the IPA from the device to install SureVideo on the device
- Activate SureVideo to full version using SureVideo Activation code. Detailed steps for this are listed below.
Signing Unsigned SureVideo IPA file:
You will need the following for re-signing:
- iOS Enterprise Distribution Certificate (Created from the Apple Enterprise Developer Portal)
- Mobile Provision Profile(Created from the Apple Enterprise Developer Portal)
- iReSign OS X app
- SureVideo iOS IPA
Steps to Resign:
- Install the iOS Enterprise Distribution Certificate on the Mac
- Install iReSign app on the Mac.
- Launch the iReSign application
- Drag SureVideo IPA to the top box, or use the browse button.
- Drag Mobile Provision Profile to the second box, or use the browse button.
- Select the Enterprise Distribution Certificate in the bottom box.
- Click ReSign! and wait. The resigned file will be saved in the same folder as the SureVideo iOS IPA.
- Create a PLIST with the following details:
Note: You will need to replace the %HTTPS location of SureVideo Enterprise IPA% with the HTTPS URL where you plan to host the IPA file.
You will need to replace %Version of SureVideo Enterprise% with the current SureVideo Version which is 2.0
You can download a sample plist file from here.
- Host the IPA (Step 7) and the PLIST (Step 8) on a server that supports HTTPS
- Make sure to add the following MIME types on your HTTP server:
- .plist > text/xml
- .IPA > application/octet-stream
Steps to Install
- Launch Safari on the iPad
- Navigate to itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=%Https URL of plist%
- When prompted to Open page in App Store, Tap on Open
- When prompted to Install SureVideo, Tap on Install
- The App will install on the device home screen.
- Launch SureVideo.
Steps to Trust “Untrusted Enterprise Developer”
- Go to Settings > General > Profile
- Tap on the developer’s name
- Tap on Trust
- If prompted to Trust the developer, Tap on Trust.
Activating SureVideo iOS:
- By default, SureVideo iOS will be in trial mode.
- To activate the device, you need an Activation Code that can be purchased from 42Gears. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Once you have an Activation code, launch SureVideo and tap 5 times anywhere on the screen to access the Admin settings.
- Tap on About > Activate.
To try SureVideo for free, click here.
If you need further assistance, please submit a ticket here