Apple Configurator allows IT admins to perform DEP Enrollment and enable automatic enrollment of iOS devices in a UEM solution. Auto configuration of iOS devices with desired profiles and apps before deploying them for the intended purpose makes iOS device management easy.
Steps to enroll a device from Apple Configurator to SureMDM
- Connect your iOS device to the configurator
- Double-click on the device image on the screen.
- The device needs an active internet connection – either push a Wi-Fi profile using Apple Configurator or turn on the device and connect to Wi-Fi.
If the device is not connected to the internet, then the DEP enrollment will fail and you will get a Cloud Configuration Error.
- Click Prepare.
- Select Manual Enrollment
- Check the first three options (except Activate and Complete Enrollment or Enable Sharable iPad)
- Click Next.
- On the next page, click Enroll in MDM > New Server > Next
- Give a name to the New Server and enter a host URL.
https://*server name*/enroll?q=*dep,Account ID/Customer ID in base 64 encoded format*
Account ID/ Customer ID will be the SureMDM Account ID to which the user wants to enroll the devices.
- Click Next
- It will ask you to enter your organization details, enter your Apple Business Manager/ DEP account, and your password.
- Select a profile to be loaded on the device > enter the WiFi profile created (skip if the device is already connected to the internet).
- Skip the username and password section and click Prepare
- The device should now be automatically enrolled into your SureMDM account once the process is complete
When an IT Admin enrolls an iOS device which was not purchased under DEP Program directly from Apple Configurator to SureMDM, the device user will have the option to remove the DEP Profile under Settings for the first 30 days. Post the first 30 days, this option to remove the profile will be disabled.
For details on How To Enroll And Setup Apple Devices Into SureMDM Using Apple Business Manager (ABM), click here
For more details on our products, click here
If you need further assistance, please submit a ticket here