Admins can restrict which USB devices can be blocked. This will allow organizations to control the use of unauthorized USB by employees.
The purpose of this article is to provide a guide on how to block USB devices on Linux machines.
- This will disable USB devices on Linux such as USB Keyboards, USB Pen Drive, USB Hard Disk and USB Mouse.
- Login to the SureMDM console.
- Navigate to the Profile section.
- Click on New Profile and select the Operating System as Linux.
- Go to System Settings.
- Search for Block USB Devices and enable the same.
- Enter the Profile name and save it.
- On the Home screen, select the device and apply the profile created or modified above.
- In the Apply Job/Profile To Device prompt, select the profile and click Apply.
Once the Profile is deployed successfully, it will block all the USB devices as mentioned above in Prerequisites.
Need more help? Here’s how to get help from our experts.