The logs files always provide us the insights of the application program where it provides information such as when the app started to what service has been used or called and at what time.
However, there might be scenarios where Bitlocker encryption on the Windows device is not getting activated when tried to activate the same remotely. To enable Bitlocker encryption remotely through SureMDM, click here.
In such scenarios, collecting the System and Application logs in Event Viewer using the steps mentioned here along with Applications and Services event logs would help us get to the root cause of the issue.
Steps to collect Applications and Services logs through Windows Event Viewer:
1. Tap on the Start button on the device and search the keyword Event Viewer. You can also go to Control Panel and navigate to System and Security.
2. Further, go to Administrative Tools, and then double-click Event Viewer
3. Expand Application and Services Logs in the left panel, and follow the below path:
Expand Microsoft -> Windows -> DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider(See image below)
4. Double click on Admin and open the events and select Save All Events As.
5. Name the file as Admin_events.evtx and click Save.
6. Click OK if you see a Display Information dialog.
7. Go to DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider on the left panel and repeat Step 6 and Step 7 for saving Operational events and save it as Operational_events.evtx
In case of an issue, please collect these log files and share them with us to help us conclude the issue.
For more details on our products, click here.