When it comes to SureMDM On-Premise, the SureMDM App Store and File Store cannot be used without configuring AWS S3 or FTP Storage. As SureMDM On-Premise is hosted directly in your own server, it is really important for the admins to set the storage based on the deployment scenario.
To set and configure the SureMDM On-Premise Storage in S3, the S3 bucket must be created first. Follow below steps to create the bucket.
Steps to create an S3 bucket:
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the Amazon S3 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/s3/.
- Choose Create bucket.
- In the Bucket name field, type a unique DNS-compliant name for new bucket.
- For Region, choose US West (Oregon) as the Region where you want the bucket to reside.
- Select Object Ownership as ACLs disabled(recommended)
- Then select the option Block all public access under Block Public Access settings for this bucket and choose Disable Bucket Versioning
- Choose Disable under Server-side Encryption and click Create Bucket
- After the bucket has been created with the above steps, it is required to select the bucket and set the appropriate CORS policy. Follow the steps mentioned in this document to configure the policies.
Setting up and configuring SureMDM On-Premise storage to AWS S3:
Now you can set the server Storage to AWS S3 for your SureMDM On-Premise deployment using the steps below:
1. On the SureMDM Configuration window, go to Storage and select the AWS S3 Storage from Storage Service drop-down list.
2. Then, enter the following details:
- Access Key
- Secret Key
- Icon Bucket
3. Now, save and deploy the package. Once deployed, verify your On-Premise storage using the steps mentioned here.
To know more about SureMDM On-Premise, click here.
If you need further assistance with our products, please submit a ticket here.