The administrator sometimes needs to install applications from the Google Play Store to the Android devices. To install an app from the Google Play Store, the admin needs to enroll the android device in Android Enterprise (Device owner mode). Once the device is enrolled into the SureMDM console, they can create a profile to install the apps by following the below steps.
Steps to deploy applications from Play Store:
- Login to the SureMDM console and enroll the device in the SureMDM console using Android Enterprise.
- Navigate to the Profiles section and click Add(+) button to add an Android Profile.
- Further, click on the Application Policy tab and enable the check box Enable Play Store.
- After enabling the option, click on Add(+) button, and select Play for Work.
- On the new window search for the apps from the Google Play Store and click on the Select button.
- Now, select the below options as required and click on Next.
- Pinning App: Select this option to lock down the device with a single or specified application.
- Install Silently: Select this option to install the application silently with no user intervention required
- Allow in Kiosk Mode: Select this option to allow in kiosk mode.
- App Update Mode:
o Default Mode – The app is updated when device is connected to WiFi, is charging and is not actively used.
o High Priority Mode – The app is updated as soon as a new version is published to Play Store.
o Postpone Mode – The app update is postponed for upto 90 days after a new version is available.
7. Clicking on Next will open the App Permission prompt, Grant, Deny or set the permission as Default and click on Finish.
8. Click on the Save button to save the profile.
9. Now the admin can select the device and apply the profile onto the devices to install applications from the Google Play Store.
To explore more such features in SureMDM, click here.