Android-based rugged devices by Zebra Technologies are widely used across the globe. They are purpose-built to streamline on-field operations. Zebra’s partnership with 42Gears allows enterprises to control, secure and manage these Zebra Android rugged devices using its signature MDM solution – SureMDM.
With SureMDM, enterprises can remotely configure Zebra devices for the following features:
- Remote Reboot
- Factory Reset
- Clock Manager
- Bluetooth and NFC Manager
- Display Manager: Timeout
- Device Settings and Notifications Control
- UI Manager (Enable/Disable/Clear Clipboard, Enable/Disable Home Key)
- Camera and USB Manager
- Wi-Fi Manager
- OS Upgrade
- Silent Application Uninstallation
- Silent Application Upgrade
- Blacklist System Applications
- Whitelist Third-party Applications
- Install and Uninstall Certificates
- Manage Unknown Sources
42Gears has created distinct scripts to manage the above-mentioned features on Zebra devices. Admin can simply apply these scripts as jobs on their devices using SureMDM.
Steps to create a job with a script in SureMDM
1. Login to SureMDM Web Console.
2. Click Jobs.
3. Click New Job.
4. Select the OS platform as Android.
5. Click Run Script.
6. Give a name to the job and in Script field, enter the following script:
am broadcast -a com.gears42.enterpriseagent.zebra_sdk -e script zebra(
7. Click Save.
8. Go back to SureMDM Home.
9. Select the device you want the script to be pushed to.
10. Click Apply.
11. Select the saved job.
12. Click Apply to complete.
Once done, the device will automatically get factory reset. You can follow the same steps for remotely applying the other above listed peripherals settings on Zebra devices just by changing the scripts.
Click here to view a list of all SureMDM scripts for peripheral configurations supported on Zebra Android devices.
Click here to know about SureMDM.
Click here to register for a free SureMDM trial.