Unlocking the potential of remote device management, SureMDM extends its capabilities to allow administrators to remotely view macOS device screens. This feature not only enhances troubleshooting efficiency but also provides administrators with real-time insights into device activities, ensuring optimal management and support.
The purpose of the article is to provide a guide on how to remotely view macOS device screens using SureMDM for effective device management and support.
- Unattended Remote Support is supported on macOS agent version 3.1.0 and above
- Allow Silently (No Notification) option in Unattended Remote Supported is supported on macOS Agent version 3.3.0 and above.
- To get a pop-up to approve the remote request on MacOS, please refer to this link.
1.Install and configure SureMDM Agent on a Mac device to enroll it in the SureMDM account. For additional help with enrollment, click here.
2. Once done, log into the SureMDM Console.
3. On the SureMDM Home, select the relevant macOS device from the Device List section.
Note: If you cannot find the device in the Device List section, the device’s enrollment may not have yet been approved. In this case, the device will appear in the Unapproved section, and you will need to approve the device enrollment.
4. Click on the Remote option in the Quick Action Toolbar.
5. You will get a prompt while remoting into the device, select one of the options and click OK.
A new tab will appear showing the macOS’ screen in real time.
6. To Allow Silently (No Notification) option in Unattended Remote Supported, you can enable the same in the SureMDM Agent Settings.
This will enable you to remote into the device without having to grant permission all the time.
Need help? CONTACT US